Fedora DS Support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 25 23:49:27 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 01:17 -0400, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Sorry about the delay. I was finally able to run the Samba test with Fedora DS
> backend. For now I'm still using the alpha 7 release because that's the version
> that I have deployed successfully with FDS. Attached is the test result.

OK.  It looks like it at least ran, which is a good sign.

> To get the test working I had to make 2 minor changes:
> - add system:anonymous parameter in smb.conf
> - add aci parameter in the second provisioning command
> These parameters are described in this page:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/Fedora_DS_2
>
> If I understood correctly these parameters should not be required anymore
> in the future, so the above changes are just temporary.

Yes.  But their removal may have also broken things - fixing the Fedora
DS backend to work without these (insecure) parameters is the task I
need you to take on.

> I will submit a patch for the test script tomorrow, then I will revisit the
> openldap-backend branch from your git repository to see what's the problem.

That code is now in master, so please just pull from the current GIT
tree.  (The patch will need to be against master too).

Congratulations on the progress!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.