Fedora DS Support

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 23:17:04 MDT 2009

Andrew,

Sorry about the delay. I was finally able to run the Samba test with Fedora DS
backend. For now I'm still using the alpha 7 release because that's the version
that I have deployed successfully with FDS. Attached is the test result.

To get the test working I had to make 2 minor changes:
- add system:anonymous parameter in smb.conf
- add aci parameter in the second provisioning command
These parameters are described in this page:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/Fedora_DS_2

If I understood correctly these parameters should not be required anymore
in the future, so the above changes are just temporary.

I will submit a patch for the test script tomorrow, then I will revisit the
openldap-backend branch from your git repository to see what's the problem.

Thanks.

--
Endi S. Dewata