talloc patches

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Aug 21 02:30:22 MDT 2009

Simo Sorce schrieb:
> On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 19:46 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher schrieb:
>>> Hi Tridge,

>>> I'll change that.

>>> correct.

>> Here's my current branch I'm proposing for master:
>>
>> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master4-talloc-metze-ready
>>
>> Comments please!
>> (I'll not push it until I've acks from all who participate in the
>> discussion)
>

> I am sorry I have no time today to make a deep re-evaluation, right now,
> and next week I'll be on vacation.
>
> However, from what I can see, I think your patches are agreeable.
>
> The only thing I think really *must* be done before pushing them is to
> correct the talloc guide document and make it very clear how
> talloc_reference() is supposed to be used now.
> Mention the logging functions and how they should be used.
> And in general update anything that is not accurate anymore.

Thanks for bringing this to attention!

I agree that we need to document the changes and also need to
update outdated docs.

Tridge: It would be nice if you could provide a patch on top of my tree
that updates the docs (I think we should clearly put in the current
major version number into them and have a section that discusses the
changes relative to the old major version)

metze