MS-CIFS preview document

Tue Apr 28 06:49:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:11:31PM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> As announced at SambaXP last week, there is a preview version of the
> [MS-CIFS] document available from Microsoft.  The main page for preview
> documents was not quite ready in time for SambaXP (so I provided a link to
> the actual content), but it's up and running now:
>
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd727484.aspx

Quick reply: In the Notes for the SMB_COM_NT_CANCEL windows
behaviour you write:

Windows clients use this command ONLY when disconnecting
from a TID.  It is not used for any other purpose.

Does this mean that Windows NT4 does not support
NT_TRANSACT_NOTIFY_CHANGE? I thought I had seen a cancel
when a user changes directories in Windows Explorer.

Volker