MS-CIFS preview document

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Apr 28 02:11:31 GMT 2009

As announced at SambaXP last week, there is a preview version of the
[MS-CIFS] document available from Microsoft.  The main page for preview
documents was not quite ready in time for SambaXP (so I provided a link to
the actual content), but it's up and running now:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd727484.aspx

Please note:
1) The document is a preview document only.  We know that there are
   several subjects missing from the preview.
2) [MS-CIFS] Covers the SMB protocol as implemented by _Windows NT_.
   It is intended as a foundation piece.  Later (that is, current)
   versions of the protocol are documented separately and will
   (eventually) reference [MS-CIFS] and be based upon it.

If you follow the URL above you will also find a web page for providing
feedback.

Thanks.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org