Summer of Code (SWAT)

Ricardo rvelhote at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:02:17 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

My name is Ricardo Velhote from Portugal. I am 24 years old and
currently enrolled in the last year of Computer Engineering at Porto
Superior Institute of Engineering (ISEP).

For Summer of Code I'll be working on the Samba Web Administration Tool
(SWAT) for Samba4 which will be used to configure and manage Samba4.
Samba4 brings big changes and one of them will be the SWAT. I aim to
make it the definitive tool for configuring Samba. This project will use
Samba4's new Python API and it will be a written from scratch. Besides
the Web Administration Tool itself I will also be providing usage
guides/documentation for it.

The SoC proposal already outlined the objectives and planned features
previously discussed with Jelmer and I'll be (re)posting it to SoC
mailing list for further discussion.

Best Regards,
Ricardo Velhote