Welcome GSOCers

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Apr 22 10:49:30 GMT 2009

Hello folks,

on behalf of the Samba Team, I would like to congratulate the students who
were accepted into the Google Summer of Code this year.

I would like you to take a moment and introduce yourself and the project you
will be working on on this mailing list, so we can then compile these
introductions to a news post on news.samba.org

I would also ask you to set up an account on github (http://github.com) and
fork my samba repository (http://github.com/kblin/samba/tree/master) so you
can base your work of it. This is the place where you should be pushing all
of your changes. We've had a problem of the dog eating a computer last year,
so this year we would ask you to upload your work in progress code to github
as often as possible, at least once a week.
Pavel, you'll have to talk to Steve to figure out how he wants to handle
contributions to the kernel code.

Also, please sign up to the summercode list
(https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/summercode). During the program, we
will require a weekly status update where you present the work you have done
in the week since the last status update, as well as your plan of action
during the coming week. This will help to keep the whole community informed
on what is going on, which gives you the opportunity to get more feedback.
This status report should go to the summercode mailing list, with a CC to the
samba-technical mailing list.

If there is anything you're still unclear about, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to Samba,
Kai

--
Kai Blin