Regarding non admin user join to Domain fix detail.

karthikeyan.chetty at wipro.com karthikeyan.chetty at wipro.com
Mon Apr 13 13:41:30 GMT 2009

Hi,

  I have tried to join Linux to Win2K8 Domain with Non admin User.

I tested in Samab3.0.27a and it is not joined to domain with non admin
user.

But in Samba3.0.28a it is working fine, Linux is joined to Win2K8 Domain
with Non admin user.

I had seen in samba.org for more detail, multiple fixes are given in
Samba3.0.28a.

Below are the fix detail given for Samba3.0.28a.

Major bug fixes included in Samba 3.0.28a are:

  o Failure to join Windows 2008 domains

  o Windows Vista (including SP1 RC) interop issues

May I know what is the exact fix which is given for join Linux to WIN2K8
Domain with non admin user?

Could you anyone please help me to solve the above issue?

Thanks & Regards

 N.S.Karthikeyan

  I have tried to join Linux to Win2K8 Domain with Non admin User.

I tested in Samab3.0.27a and it is not joined to domain with non admin
user.

But in Samba3.0.28a it is working fine, Linux is joined to Win2K8 Domain
with Non admin user.

I had seen in samba.org for more detail, many fixes are given in
Samba3.0.28a.

Below are the fix detail given for Samba3.0.28a.

Major bug fixes included in Samba 3.0.28a are:

  o Failure to join Windows 2008 domains

  o Windows Vista (including SP1 RC) interop issues

May I know what is the exact fix which is given for join Linux to WIN2K8
Domain with non admin user?

Thanks in advance

S.Karthikeyan

www.wipro.com