patch for kernel oplocks

Tim Prouty tprouty at samba.org
Wed Apr 8 16:21:39 GMT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Hi (Tim, Steven)!
>
> Any comments to the attached patch? You're the ones having
> looked at oplocks most lately...
>
> Volker
> <0001-We-have-to-deny-a-level-2-oplock-if-kernel-oplocks-a.patch>

Hi Volker,

I'm not very familiar with the linux kernel lease/oplock API, but
based on the comments in your commit message this patch looks fine.
Out of curiosity, are you working on making level2 kernel oplocks work
using samba on linux?  Have there been any recent improvements in the
linux API that will make this easier?

It would definitely be cool to get RAW-OPLOCK passing against kernel
oplocks on linux.  I have an smbtorture patch that gets RAW-OPLOCK
passing against our kernel oplocks, but it's not quite ready to
upstream yet.  My patch handles a few small differences in how we
handle oplock breaks when compared with windows.

-Tim