domain unjoin problem in samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 3 03:19:05 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 14:54 +0530, manoj.biswas at wipro.com wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> I am new to samba-4 and facing some issue to un-join from win2k8 domain.

I'm sorry I missed your message earlier.  I hope this is still some use.

> Steps which I am following to do joining and un-joining of samba4 are
>

> To join samba to win2k8 domain
>
> 1. ./setup/provision --realm=HUT.COM --domain=hut.com
> --host-name=hostname --dnspass=password at 123 --root=root
> --server-role='member server'
>
> 2. ./net join hut.com  MEMBER -U Administrator%password at 123
>

> to un-join samba
>
> 1. ./net leave hut.com -U Administrator%password at 123
>

> i am getting error as "leave not found"

Yes, there is no 'net leave' command at this time.

> so samba4 is not deleting its entry from win2k8 AD users and computers

Just use AD Users and Computers on the AD server to remove the account,
or use 'net user delete machine$ -U Administrator%password at 123' (I
think...)

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.