Hooking a program on AD event

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Apr 2 16:39:23 GMT 2009

Luke Howard wrote:

> On 02/04/2009, at 10:41 PM, Sassy Natan wrote:
>
>> If you using Samba4 with OpenLDAP Backend then you can use
>> the slapo-accesslog(5) overlay, and watch the status of the accesslog
>> database.
>> when a new object is created (for example a workstation) in some
>> container
>> in the LDAP, then you can run your script.
>
> If you're using OpenLDAP, you can just write an overlay or SLAPI plugin.

Another option would be to implement a syncrepl client accessing the
OpenLDAP backend for retrieving changes. (This gets rather a topic for
the openldap-software mailing list though.)

All scenarios require that one has access to the OpenLDAP backend server
and fully understand the schema-quirks done inside smbd for mapping the
MS AD schema to the Samba4 schema in OpenLDAP. That's something Andrew
Bartlett didn't like. But personally I think it's needed.

Review the discussion, in particular my reply:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2009-March/063757.html

Ciao, Michael.