Hooking a program on AD event

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Thu Apr 2 14:02:17 GMT 2009

On 02/04/2009, at 10:41 PM, Sassy Natan wrote:

> If you using Samba4 with OpenLDAP Backend then you can use
> the slapo-accesslog(5) overlay, and watch the status of the accesslog
> database.
> when a new object is created (for example a workstation) in some
> container
> in the LDAP, then you can run your script.

If you're using OpenLDAP, you can just write an overlay or SLAPI
plugin. If you are using DSfW (XAD), then you can write an NDS event
handler (or use SLAPI).

For AD proper, I don't believe there is any way to get notifications
except for writing a password change notify DLL (obviously only works
for password changes) or polling the directory with LDAPSync/DRS.

-- Luke