[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - 62791bbd030f7db272ca68260a4f7586de6576d0

Tue Sep 16 19:24:14 GMT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:50:33PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> It's the correct place IMO.  If you look at query_user,
> whe the netsamlog_cache entry is inplace, we call
> nss_get_info_cached() since we've already cached info
> hopefully.  But if we have not, the nss_get_info() is passed
> a NULL ADS pointer.   Note that the *only* reason I ever included
> the ADS_STRUCT* in the API signature here was to allow
> winbindd_ads.c to pass in previous search results (if it had them)
> as an optimization.
>
> Does that make sense?

Well, I just don't understand that whole logic in that
routine with regards to the ADS_STRUCT. We have two structs
in that routine, one from ad_idmap_cached_connection() and
the other one potentially passed in as a parameter. Why
those two? My impression would be that we should reduce the
number of connections to the DC, and not increase them.
Every connection setup takes round-trips. I thought that
winbindd_cm.c was initially thought as the central
connection manager for RPC connections, trying to optimize
the number of 445 connections.

Can you explain the difference between the
ad_idmap_cached_connection() and the one passed in?

Volker