[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-2-test updated - release-3-2-0pre2-3016-ga2c3131

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Sep 11 21:21:34 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 22:53 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:21:44PM +0000, simo wrote:
> > > Because I tried already and had difficulties, I want to make
> > > sure I can reproduce the bug and verify the fix before it
> > > goes into a release.
> > 
> > I did nothing more than follow what the reporter explained, all you need
> > is some nested group membership.
> > 
> > I think the only thing I did to make it more evident was to change the
> > separator to + to do some of the tests.
> > 
> > I can't think of anything special I did to reproduce it.
> As I said in my previous mail and in the bug report: I did
> try to reproduce the bug but failed. So for the 100% stupid
> beginner, please explain what you did to reproduce the bug.

>From memory.

On an AD DC, cretaed a user and 3 groups, nested the groups into each
other and to the last one added the user.

joined a samba server to the domain

set winbind use default domain = yes

ran 'id username' to see the memberships
ran also 'getent group'

That's about it.

... re-reading bug ...

Ok re-reading the bug seem to confuse things a bit.

The real bug here is that

id username may return group names that are fully qualified when they
should not be eg: DOMAIN\group1, DOMAIN\group2 ... instead of correctly
returning just groups1, group2 ...

I was never able to reproduce the lack of group membership.

Part of the discussion with the reporter was held on IRC/mailing list,
so I assumed the bug report was more clear, sorry.


Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo at samba.org>
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <simo at redhat.com>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list