Write times fix for S3

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 15:44:20 GMT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:35:27AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Jeremy Allison schrieb:
> >> Are you intending to fix Samba4's file server similarly?
> >
> > Not right now, I'm still working on torture tests to
> > discover it Metze's comments are correct (they probably
> > are :-).
>
> I think most of your changes were indeed correct
> and the v3-devel branch from yesterday evening (my time)
> passes all tests I added yesterday.

Well the thing I'm trying to understand is if doing
a SET_END_OF_FILE, SET_ALLOCATION_SIZE or SMBwrite
with zero length is a "sticky" write time set, or
a "normal" write time set. That's the part of the
data model I still need to understand (and will
probe with more tests).

If it's a "normal" write time set, then my
changes should stay - if it's a "sticky" write
time set, then we should revert to your code
with an extra set_write_time_fsp() call at
the appropriate places in SET_END_OF_FILE, SET_ALLOCATION_SIZE
etc.

Still working on those tests (need to do some
VMware admin at home on an upgraded machine
first :-).

Jeremy.