[DEVELOPERS] Commits

Thu Oct 23 15:46:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 08:33:21AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 04:59:53PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >
> > My intention is really to keep patches as minimal as
> > possible in the released branches. For the se_access_check
> > things I would much rather keep the [un]become_root()
> > workarounds in 3.2 and develop the right solution somewhere
> > else. But Jeremy very obviously has different plans...
>
> Some of these checks were just *wrong*. There were several
> reports of usermanager not working, so I fixed this.
>
> I could have got the reporters to log bugs, but the
> fact remains these were defects in 3.2.
>
> If you look closely, I have kept *all* the
> [un]become_root() workarounds in 3.2, I'm
> planning to remove these for 3.3 only.
>
> I did the preparatory work to fix these
> in 3.2 and 3.3 as I didn't want to do
> the same work twice in two different
> ways, but these were defect fixes.
>
> The full restructuring to remove the
> workarounds will of course be in 3.3
> only.
>
> Please give me some credit in knowing
> what I'm doing here :-).

I do. Maybe it's just the fact that git push for you is the
same "save as" button as svn ci was. So people can really
watch you check in unfinished stuff which for my taste is
kindof scary in 3-2-test. But that's probably just me trying
to present patches in a way that it is easy to understand.

Volker