[DEVELOPERS] Commits

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Oct 23 15:33:21 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 04:59:53PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> My intention is really to keep patches as minimal as
> possible in the released branches. For the se_access_check
> things I would much rather keep the [un]become_root()
> workarounds in 3.2 and develop the right solution somewhere
> else. But Jeremy very obviously has different plans...

Some of these checks were just *wrong*. There were several
reports of usermanager not working, so I fixed this.

I could have got the reporters to log bugs, but the
fact remains these were defects in 3.2.

If you look closely, I have kept *all* the
[un]become_root() workarounds in 3.2, I'm
planning to remove these for 3.3 only.

I did the preparatory work to fix these
in 3.2 and 3.3 as I didn't want to do
the same work twice in two different