mounting MyBookWorld

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Oct 14 16:25:30 GMT 2008

I don't think this is the right place to ask this particular question.
Here's why:

The WD MyBookWorld device is a mini NAS.  I don't know if it runs Samba
inside or not, but even if it does it will have its own configuration
management toolset (probably a web page).

Your Solaris system would be a client.  I don't know what client software
runs on Solaris 9 but it would not be directly related to Samba.  For Linux,
there is a Virtual File System module that acts as a client, and some of the
folks on this list put a lot of work into that Linux software.

This mailing list is dedicated to technical discussions of software and
protocols.  The heavy stuff.  Your question is really a configuration question.

So... I think you want to find Solaris-oriented list to get the support
you're looking for.  There may be some folks on this list who could help you
out offline...

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org