348be5f1e44c0 (Share data_blob implementation) breaks Samba3

Mon Oct 13 05:43:39 GMT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 04:55:42AM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Sorry for breaking this; I must've missed it while
> comparing the code and make test seemed happy. I'll see
> about using a data_blob_string_const_null() as Jeremy
> proposes.

I'm very sorry, but make test in Samba 3 has not 100%
coverage. Moreover, that piece of code was definitely run in
make test and yet it did not discover it. It was an
uninitialized variable use, because strlen went beyond the
string. How would we discover this in make test?

> > Another one in the same commit: Samba 3 had 'struct
> > data_blob' where Samba 4 has 'struct datablob'. This
> > breaks the build of the Samba 3 cluster code.
> How can I build the cluster code?

You need a copy of ctdb on your system and then you need to
--with-cluster-support=yes.

Volker