Linking GPL3 code with IPL? (Was: afs_syscall (Samba as a client of OpenAFS))

Mon Oct 6 05:26:28 GMT 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 10:41:06PM +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
> I've built up a patch (attachment 3658 to bug 5799 on samba bugzilla)
> which makes fake-kaserver and vfs-afsacl work again.
> But the patched configure makes smbd, net and maybe other binaries link
> with libsys.a in order to communicate with the openafs kernel code. The
> question is what are the legal consequences, are the binaries
> distributable et all?

At the time I wrote the fake kaserver stuff I had the same
concerns and thus did a fresh implementation of the ticket
generation and syscall wrappers. Can't you do the same with
the proc_afs_syscall thing? This can't be much code.

Volker