idmap creation/deletion tool?

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Fri Oct 3 09:00:55 GMT 2008

Does anybody know if a tool currently exists to create arbitrary idmap
mappings.  In my case I'm looking to modify only the tdb idmap backend,
though something more generic for other backends would be fine. A few
things I'd like to do are:

* delete existing sid<->uid/gid mappings from winbindd_idmap.tdb
* pre-create sid<->uid/gid mappings before a user connects
* map multiple sids to a single uid/gid

I know tdbtool works, but I'd like something a little more user friendly
and specific to this task.  I also know I can accomplish some of this
with the "username map" parameter, but again I'm looking for more of an
after-the-fact-oops-i-screwed-up-fixer tool.

All I've found so far is stubs in utils/net_idmap.c:

/***********************************************************
 Delete a SID mapping from a winbindd_idmap.tdb
 **********************************************************/
static int net_idmap_delete(struct net_context *c, int argc, const char
**argv)
{
        d_printf("Not Implemented yet\n");
        return -1;
}

static int net_idmap_set(struct net_context *c, int argc, const char
**argv)
{
        d_printf("Not Implemented yet\n");
        return -1;