samba 4 provisioning error

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 17 02:42:47 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 18:38 +0100, Calvin wrote:
> hi.
>
> i am working trying to get samba 4 working with fedora-DS backend (so i
> can test syncing) but when
> i get to the end provisioning and i get an error..

Is this with current GIT from master?

> can you tell me what i am missing.. or doing wrong..
>
> [root at carthage source]#  ./setup/provision --realm=absentdream.COM
> --domain=absentdream --ldap-backend-type=fedora-ds --server-role='domain
> controller' --ldap-backend=ldapi

A few thoughts come to mind:

Did you set up the Fedora DS backend with the provision-backend
script?

You might also do well to try with OpenLDAP.  It is more recently tested
(and also has multi-master replication pre-configured by
provision-backend).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.