Interprocess communication with samba

priya sehgal priyagps at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 11 17:43:59 GMT 2008

Hi,
Can anyone tell me, how can other processes running on the same machine
as the samba server/proxy communicate with it?

I actually have a process(client/server) - which talks to the various
CIFS clients and exchanges some encryption keys. I wish to pass this
information to my samba proxy server - which will make use of it while
talking to the backend server and retrieving and routing the information
back to the client.

Here, the new process will have to communicate with samba proxy server, to achieve this. The "Samba Developer's Guide" mentions why threading is discouraged for various services provided by samba. So, I am not sure if I can implement a samba thread dedicated for communicating with this process.

Can I implement a samba module to perform this task ?

Please let me know alternative methods , if any.

Thanks and Regards,
Priya