TDB Error When Adding New SMB User using Smbpasswd

hevfuture hevfuture at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:17:04 GMT 2008

Hello,

When I add a new samba user using the smbpasswd command (smbpasswd -a
sample_username), I get the following error:
_____________

Unable to modify TDB passwd ! Error: Record exists
 occurred while storing the RID index (RID_                 )
Failed to add entry for user sample_username.
Failed to modify password entry for user sample_username.

Does anyone know of any solutions to this error?

I have rebooted several times and also searched on Google, but the only
proposed solution has been to reinstall the server. Is there any way to
repair just the tdb file, or just samba?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!