Problem with DNS setting Samba 4 alpha 5
ogy_hpower at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 12:47:08 GMT 2008
I have test the alpha 5 (actually i'm just a newbie inside this mailing list.)
Can somebody help me with the provision setup?:
1) Differentiate between realm and domain
2) Server role that can be support by the smb.conf
- can it be additional domain controller? if can how to?
3) I have this scenario; I have this samba 4 as the PDC; can i used the win2k3 to be as the additional domain controller? i have used the DCPROMO; at the end, it failed to synchronize. Is possible to make it?
4) Until now, i still have problem to used the DNS, i'm using centos. Can somebody guide me on this setting by example? I have follw the instruction on how to at wiki but still failed on nslookup.
5) How about ACL used in samba 4? May i know smb.conf setting to make it success?
Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html
More information about the samba-technical