[SAMBA4] Task for someone interested in the LDAP backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 29 01:22:59 GMT 2008

I've got a task for someone who might be interested in the LDAP
backend.

We need to automate the creation of N-way multi-master OpenLDAP
backends.  There is some documentation at
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html but I think we need
to really make it much simpler than that.  The template system in our
provision should help.

If someone wants to take this on, it will be a valuable service to
Samba4, as I'm sure most sites want this kind of redundancy in their
backend.

Let me know if you start work on this, as I'll otherwise get to it
eventually.