Enumerating Unix users and groups from Windows

Sat Jul 26 14:11:30 GMT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 04:03:25PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > No, I have only standard Windows calls available.  Never mind, I have a
> > > workaround.  It's slow but it's something only called very seldom so it
> > > doesn't matter much.
> >
> > Hmmm. Isn't MS-RPC "standard" windows?
>
> Well, yes.  Unfortunately I have no experience with this stuff and it
> sounds a lot of effort for something I have a working workaround for.
> I hope that doesn't sound too lazy...

I haven't done any RPC programming under Windows so far
either, but right now I'm deep in getting the Samba server
side right. If you happen to dive into it, I'm sure we could
do a lot of stuff to get the posix behaviour in cygwin a lot
better.

Volker