Kerberos Ticket Forwarding patch/update

Love Hörnquist Åstrand lha at kth.se
Fri Jul 25 07:27:22 GMT 2008

25 jul 2008 kl. 03.02 skrev Andrew Bartlett:

> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 23:27 +0100, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> That the computer it "trusted for delegation" doesn't mean that the
>> user want to delegate.
>>
>> The reason I'm asking is that when I asked msft about this, they said
>> they only delegated if GSS_C_DELGATE_FLAG and ok-as-delegate was set.
>> ok-as-delegate alone was not a critera alone for delegation. I want
>> know if its true.
>>
>> If its true, and the user never sets GSS_C_DELEGATE_FLAG, samba
>> shouldn't delegate.
>
> The problem here is that if it's up to the user (ie, as a command line
> option), then none of this useful delegation stuff ever happens, and
> we
> end up giving hosts the right to make up arbitrary tickets, not just
> accept forwarded ones.  I actually agree with Microsoft here, and the
> delegation should be controlled by the KDC.

So do I

commit 9bdd4ef9a69775475fbd7468fd42edc14107ecc8
Author: lha <lha at ec53bebd-3082-4978-b11e-865c3cabbd6b>
Date:   Wed Nov 2 11:52:49 2005 +0000

     Change sematics of ok-as-delegate to match windows if
     [gssapi]realm/ok-as-delegate=true is set, otherwise keep old
sematics.

     git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.h5l.org/svn/heimdal/trunk/heimdal@16283
ec53bebd-3082-4978-b11e-865c3cabbd6b

What I'm asking for is samba to honor the GSS_C_DELEGATE_FLAG.
Probably it should be default set to on for SMB.

Love