Kerberos Ticket Forwarding patch/update

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 25 02:02:23 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 23:27 +0100, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> That the computer it "trusted for delegation" doesn't mean that the
> user want to delegate.
>
> The reason I'm asking is that when I asked msft about this, they said
> they only delegated if GSS_C_DELGATE_FLAG and ok-as-delegate was set.
> ok-as-delegate alone was not a critera alone for delegation. I want to
> know if its true.
>
> If its true, and the user never sets GSS_C_DELEGATE_FLAG, samba
> shouldn't delegate.

The problem here is that if it's up to the user (ie, as a command line
option), then none of this useful delegation stuff ever happens, and we
end up giving hosts the right to make up arbitrary tickets, not just
accept forwarded ones.  I actually agree with Microsoft here, and the
delegation should be controlled by the KDC.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.