Samba 4 alpha and OpenLDAP

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 22 08:51:44 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 10:38 +0200, Christophe Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The OpenLDAP server starts fine, Samba also starts fine, but after
> running the scripts, the database seems to be quite empty.
>
> It only contains the following objects (dumped with the "openldap
> slapcat command):
>

> ## start -----
> dn: cn=Samba

This is the Samba 'management partitition' (for want of a better
description).  It contains just enough so that we can do a SASL bind to
OpenLDAP, and create the rest with the actual provision script, against
a 'live' openldap instance.

The rest will be under dc=example,dc=com (or whatever you selected).