Samba 4 alpha and OpenLDAP

Christophe Thibault christophe.thibault at planisware.com
Wed Jul 16 12:47:22 GMT 2008

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback.

I reinstall from scratch the test machine this morning, before building
Samba so I'm quite sure that I only have one build .

Here the way I download and update my Samba sources (since I'm not
familiar with git, this can be the issue):

$ cd ~/build/
$ git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba4
$ cd samba4
$ git checkout -b v4-0-test origin/v4-0-test
$ rm .git/objects/info/alternates
$ rm .git/refs/tags/*
$ rm -r .git/refs/remotes/
$ git config remote.origin.url git://git.samba.org/samba.git
$ git config --add remote.origin.fetch +refs/tags/*:refs/tags/*
$ git fetch
$ git pull
$ cd source
$ ./autogen.sh