Migrating from proxy-auth to AD backend (Script)

Atte Peltomaki atte.peltomaki at f-secure.com
Tue Jul 1 10:49:10 GMT 2008

Hello hackers,

I wrote a little script to help in migrating proxy-authenticated setups
to use AD as passwd/group backend. This tool (written in python)
compares local /etc/group against groups in AD and prints out the best
matching ones, based on how many same users it finds in AD groups.

For this to be useful, you need latest Samba 3.2 with working nested
group expansion. Any questions / suggestions, drop me a line. I tried to
make the code as readable as possible, but I'm no programmer.

--
 \   ______//     Atte Peltomäki - atte.peltomaki at f-secure.com
  \  \\____        UNIX System Administrator - IT Server Team
   \   __//    F-Secure Corp. PL 24, FIN-00181 Helsinki, Finland
    \  \\     Tel: +358 9 2520 0700,     direct: +358 9 2520 5423
     \ //                   http://www.f-secure.com
      \/         Integrated Solutions for Enterprise Security