more streams work

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Sun Jan 20 17:05:26 GMT 2008

On 20/01/2008, at 1:02 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 07:34:30PM -0800, James Peach wrote:
>> You should just use SMB_VFS_* macros rather than the SMB_VFS_NEXT_*
>> macros unless you are actually overriding the operation, eg.
>> streams_xattr_unlink should call SMB_VFS_REMOVEXATTR, not
>> SMB_VFS_NEXT_REMOVEXATTR.
>
> Ok, done.
>
>> I think that you ought to bring across the case clobbering and the
>> code that separates xattrs-that-are-storing-streams from regular
>> xattrs.
>
> What do you mean by this?

When you have stored stream data in an xattr, do you want that to be
visible to the xattr or EA APIs?

I darwin_streams, I split the xattr list into 2 namespaces. If the
first character of the xattr name was ':', it was a stream, otherwise
it was just a regular xattr. This prevents the streaminfo call
returning xattrs that do not hold streams data, and it prevents the EA
and xattr APIs returning xattrs that do hold streams data.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org