more streams work

Tue Jan 22 11:36:42 GMT 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 09:05:26AM -0800, James Peach wrote:
> When you have stored stream data in an xattr, do you want that to be
> visible to the xattr or EA APIs?

Ok, understood. This was on my agenda, now checked in with
e9bb3d5067.

> I darwin_streams, I split the xattr list into 2 namespaces. If the
> first character of the xattr name was ':', it was a stream, otherwise
> it was just a regular xattr. This prevents the streaminfo call
> returning xattrs that do not hold streams data, and it prevents the EA
> and xattr APIs returning xattrs that do hold streams data.

Well, I'm using a slightly different approach. All streams
are stored as xattrs with user.DosStream.<streamname>, very
similar to the Samba4 approach. Samba4 has one more
attribute that lists all streams with their allocation
sizes. This is probably the more correct way, but I think
with calculating the allocation size on demand we're close
enough.

Volker