Delegated credentials with netbios aliases

Amin Azez azez at ufomechanic.net
Fri Jan 4 17:27:45 GMT 2008

* Amin Azez wrote, On 04/01/08 11:04:
> The old cifs proxy works fine with delegated credentials, but if I
> connect to/via the proxy using ip address
> e.g.
>   \\10.0.0.5\test
>
> instead of the real name, then I see the error:
>
> PROXY backend: NO delegated credentials found: You must supply server,
> user and password or the client must supply delegated credentials
> make_connection: NTVFS make connection failed!

It seems that if I connect to an alias, spnego chooses:
Starting GENSEC submechanism ntlmssp

If I connect as the real thing it chooses:
Starting GENSEC submechanism gssapi_krb5

(both in server context) - however, thats during the switch message
SMBsesssetupX after starting a gssapi_krb5 session in both cases anyway.

So I'm trying to work out how it chooses ntlmssp instead of gssapi_krb5
when I use an alias.

I merely mention this now in case anyone has a quick answer.

Sam