Extending LDB for Extended DNs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 16 06:38:53 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 06:03 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:

> >> It would be nice to see a clear diff before the push at least.
> >
> > See attached.  (I've skipped the regenerated swig files)
> >
> >> I personally would also like a rebase much more, but our samba git is
> >> cluttered enough already that probably it won't make much difference in
> >> the noise :-(
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >

> I think extended_dn_out_dereference.c and extended_dn_out_ldb.c should
> be left out.

Oops.  As you can see, I was able to consolidate these into a single
file.

> Also the rpc_server/dcerpc_server.c should be on its own.

Oops, I had tried to split that out.  I wonder what happened..

> BTW: why is that needed? why should we return an assoc_group_id
>      if we didn't find the interface the client asked for?

Only because windows returns a non-zero here.

> If possible I'd like to see multiple commits for the rest:
> 1.) add the extended dn handling into ldb_dn.c + headers + tests
>     (I assume this only adds new functions and no existing caller
>      needs to be changed)
> 2.) add controls per entry support.
> 3.) all the code that splits out ldap_decode_attribs_bare()
> 4.) the new ldb modules and required provision changes
> 5.) the new/modified tests for the new functionality of the new modules

Would it be aright to just do the merge?  I can't see easily how to
split for example the new ldb modules from the extended dn handling and
the adding of controls per entry.  Certainly I can try and cherry-pick
the ldap_decode_attribs_bare change (and the new control), but without
reworking the rest I don't think it helps.