Extending LDB for Extended DNs

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Dec 16 05:03:54 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 13:46 -0500, simo wrote:

>>> I didn't looked at as close as I wished, as it's not that easy to
>>> review with all the merges and bug fix commits.
>>>
>>> But I think you should push it to master.
>> It would be nice to see a clear diff before the push at least.
>
> See attached.  (I've skipped the regenerated swig files)
>
>> I personally would also like a rebase much more, but our samba git is
>> cluttered enough already that probably it won't make much difference in
>> the noise :-(
>
> I agree.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I think extended_dn_out_dereference.c and extended_dn_out_ldb.c should
be left out.

Also the rpc_server/dcerpc_server.c should be on its own.
BTW: why is that needed? why should we return an assoc_group_id
     if we didn't find the interface the client asked for?

If possible I'd like to see multiple commits for the rest:
1.) add the extended dn handling into ldb_dn.c + headers + tests
    (I assume this only adds new functions and no existing caller
     needs to be changed)
2.) add controls per entry support.
3.) all the code that splits out ldap_decode_attribs_bare()
4.) the new ldb modules and required provision changes
5.) the new/modified tests for the new functionality of the new modules

metze