[Samba 4] Access to GPO failed

=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOllFRBsoQiAbJEI+LRsoQg==?= s-hosoda at secom.co.jp
Fri Dec 12 06:36:32 GMT 2008

Hello.

I'm trying GPO with samba4.
I execute "samba -i -M single". The version is 4.0.0alpha6-GIT-0e723d8.
In our environment, I can use gpupdate and dsa.msc on XP SP2. When I try to edit
group policy (by gpmc.msc), the warning message "The Permissions for This GPO
in the SYSVOL Folder Are Inconsistent with Those in Active Directory" appears,
but I can edit GPO. And I find the same error as one in your log file
> Kerberos: TGS-REQ srv1$@CE.SAIGONTECH.INFO.VN from 192.168.9.131 for
> cifs/ce.saigontech.info.vn at CE.SAIGONTECH.INFO.VN [canonicalize,
> renewable, forwardable]

When I saw an error "The network path was not found", I checked access to
\\<domain_name>\sysvol\<domain_name>\ and made it possible, then the error always disappeared. As Mr. Wes Deviers said, if you can access
\\<dc_name>\sysvol\<domain_name>\, this error can occur.
In my experience, the access to \\<dc_name>\sysvol was possible but one to \\<domain_name>\sysvol was not, when I enabled DFS in smbd.conf.
If you can access to \\<domain_name>\sysvol\<domain_name>\  but have
"The network path was not found" error, I have no idea.

But VistaSP1 doesn't work well with samba4. I can edit the GPO but the
group policy on Windows can not be updated.  It was possible on Vista without SP.  I'm checking the VistaSP1 behavior now.
Are there some body have experience in working with Samba4 GPOs with VistaSP1?

Regards,
---
Sho Hosoda <s-hosoda at secom.co.jp>