Samba3 + samba4 + others

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 20 02:42:26 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 00:48 +0000, ogy_hpower wrote:
> Hi Andrew;
>
> Succesfully i can joint samba 3 in the samba 4.
> I have some question here; i cannot wbinfo -g to resolv the group. But succesfully for wbinfo -u.
> Do you have any idea? I have the result for the samba3 on the winbind
> log. Can check it for me? I fully not understand what it's meant.

It is entirely possible that Samba3 and Samba4 are not fully compatible,
because they are not routinely tested with each other.  This is
something I'm hoping to work on with Jelmer's 'Franky' build system
(which builds Samba3 and Samba4 in parallel, and could potentially put
both into a combined build environment).

In terms of your original question, this isn't a good situation, so
please file a bugzilla on it, so I don't forget it.

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.