Samba3 + samba4 + others

kstan kstan79 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:48:01 GMT 2008

在 2008-08-06三的 04:17 +0000,ogy_hpower写道:
> Hi all,
>
> For smb.conf at samba 4 i cannot run all setting from samba 3.
> So here i would like to use the samba 3 as the files server and samba 4 as the dc.
>
> 1) I try to bind with the server to collect user; it is fail.
>     -run wbinfo -u or -g error looking domain.
>     -time setting is correct.
>     -samba 3 is the member server of the samba 4 using 'net ads join'
>     -when user want to access the server it prompt the password.
>     -did somebody have try this before?
Can you show us the smb.conf? And what kind of security mode you use?
User/share/ADS/server? Remember don't in your samba 3 shall not use
'user'.

> 2)I'm making shares folder from win2k3 pc.
>     -pc already joint the samba domain
>     -shares already set the security
>     -when i check the effective permission; it display 'windows cannot calculate the permission for $USER'.
>     -can this problem be solved?
Can the current user able to login to server? In dsa.msc can you get the
user's infor, especially group?

> 3)I have 1 xp pc with current name 'jojo'
>     -i can joint the pc with my requested name like 'test-1' to samba4
>     -i can browse the pc under my network with 'test-1'
>     -but under the domain tree;under dsa.msc tools i see the computer was joint under old name 'jojo'; when i check the details the dns-domain name is correct 'test-1'
>     -is it have any way to correct this? after i'm doing rejoint back; it still pointed the old name to the tree.

I this way, you need to disjoin the pc from domain, reconfirm via
dsa.msc (If still exist you must remove it). Rejoin it.

> For Andrew and kstan, thanks for your reply on DNS problem. I will check to use SAMBA4 +LDAPbackend.
You're welcome.