Setting ACLs when creating files from Windows

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Aug 4 11:53:57 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 14:00 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm puzzeling over this problem for some time now.  So far I need
> a special hack in Cygwin for Samba, probably because I simply don't
> understand something about the user mapping correctly.
>
> My current situation is, I have a Samba server (3.0.30) which is a domain member machine.  In smb.conf, security is set to domain.  There's
> no winbindd running.  Before I set up the domain, I had the same problem
> using security = server with the server being another Windows machine in
> the same workgroup.

Corinna, are the samba server and the windows workstation in the same
domain and are you using a domain user on the windows workstation ?

>From the previous and following emails this is not clear and it is
pretty critical to be able to understand if there is a mapping problem
or if you are just experiencing the joy of Globally Unique
identifiers :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce