[patch] CUPS auth-info-required support in smbspool

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Mon Apr 21 18:26:01 GMT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 13:56 -0700, James Peach wrote:
>> I have some pending patches from Mike Sweet in this area (I'm not a
>> CUPS/print expert, merely a conduit).
>
> OK, didn't know that.
>
>> WRT this patch, Mike says
>>
>> 	Since Samba expects the domain in the username, it isn't really
>> 	doing the right thing with AUTH_DOMAIN and setting auth-info-
>> required
>> 	to "domain,username,password".  Also, the <cups/backend.h> header
>> 	really isn't needed and will prevent smbspool from working on non-
>> 	CUPS systems.
>>
>> I should have Mike's smbspool changes through legal next week. Can
>> you
>> hold this up until you see his changes?
>
> Certainly.  Yes, I see my mistake with AUTH_DOMAIN now, and I can see
> how including <cups/backend.h> can be avoided.  I'll watch for the
> other
> changes from Mike.

ok, it's these commits:

<http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=8c12c5cea01d9b801fe80c2a87b8139c488a62a5

<http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=8eff35bc4acc13807c895af43b52db79ee195cb5

and I cleaned up the crufty smbspool.c formatting a bit, so your patch
probably wont apply .. sorry about that.

thanks for yr patience