delegated credentials on samba4

Amin Azez azez at ufomechanic.net
Mon Sep 24 10:34:04 GMT 2007

* Andrew Bartlett wrote, On 23/09/07 01:08:

> I've changed the provision script - the default is now for a standalone
> server, with a new option --server-role= to provision to change this.
>
> For example, if you want to provision as a member server, run
>
> ./setup/provision --realm=home.ufomechanic.net --domain=UFO
> --adminpass=XXX --server-role='member server'.
>
> It will do the 'right thing' internally.

Thanks very much for this and your other helpful notes

Even with a fresh svn checkout I get

make: *** No rule to make target `libcli/util/nterr.h', needed by
`headers'.  Stop.
and later
make: *** No rule to make target `libcli/util/nt_status.h', needed by
`headers'.  Stop.

I touched both of these files to get by and later stuck on
Unable to map libcli/util/nterr.h at ./script/installheader.pl line 78.
make: *** [installheader] Error 255

I guess I don't need those, but some of the template files also get
omitted, resulting in (because str is absent)

The provision line failed with:
smbscript: ejsEvalScript(): split invalid arguments
Backtrace:
        [ 0]       substitute_var:2    ->       var list = split("${", str)
        [ 1]           setup_file:9    ->       data =
substitute_var(data, subobj)
        [ 2]            provision:38   ->
setup_file("provision.smb.conf." + smbconfsuffix, info.message,
paths.smbconf, subobj)
        [ 3]                     :169  ->       provision(subobj,
message, blank, paths, system_session, creds, ldapbackend)

Sam

The debugging was hard;

message("Here: %s %s\n",subobj,subobj.DOMAIN);
would output
Here: (null) cifsproxy
I was expecting something like
Here: (object) cifsproxy