delegated credentials on samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 23 00:08:09 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 10:23 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 15:27 +0100, Amin Azez wrote:

> > I follow the instructions at:
> > http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
> >
> > and successfully followed step 4 to provision samba4 in an existing
> > windows 2003 domain:
> >
> >  ./setup/provision --realm=home.ufomechanic.net --domain=UFO --adminpass=XXX
>
> I clearly need to fix some of these instructions, because for the domain
> member case, it just doesn't make sense.
>
> In short, set --realm=membername --domain=membername (becuse we are just
> trying to create the internal SAM database).
>
> In the smb.conf, set 'server role = member server'

I've changed the provision script - the default is now for a standalone
server, with a new option --server-role= to provision to change this.

For example, if you want to provision as a member server, run

./setup/provision --realm=home.ufomechanic.net --domain=UFO
--adminpass=XXX --server-role='member server'.

It will do the 'right thing' internally.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/