Large Write_Andx messages

Mikael Klamra mklamra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 19:18:25 GMT 2007

Hi,
I was asking about chained WRITE_ANDX messages. Windows supports large
WRITE_ANDX messages when the messages contain only one block. However,
I want to chain several blocks in a message (i.e., use the batching
functionality of WRITE_ANDX). Windows Server 2003 seems to accept
WRITE_ANDX messages containing two blocks when the total message size
is up to about 4700 bytes. When the size gets larger, the server
returns a non-specific error code. This usually means that the message
has the wrong format or that a capability was not set. Does Samba use
the batching functionality of WRITE_ANDX? The Windows client does not
seem to use it.

Mikael