Large Write_Andx messages

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Oct 29 18:42:30 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:20:43AM -0700, James Peach wrote:
>> The Mac OS X 10.5 client will do large reads and writes to Samba. The
>> Samba support for this works perfectly well.
>
> He wasn't asking about large read/writes, he was asking about
> chaining (andX) support.

Actually, he's asking about both to some extent.

He pinged me first in reference to my book and then also the jCIFS list.
These are interesting questions, of course, but I think the original post
slid a bit between CAP_LARGE_WRITEX and the idea of chaining WRITE_ANDX
messages, thus the confusion.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org