ZFS ACL...buggy behaviour

Nicolas Dorfsman ndorfsman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:00:41 GMT 2007

  Hi Michael,

2007/10/17, Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 04:51:01PM +0200, Nicolas Dorfsman wrote:
> > Ok. Things are becoming clear.
> >
> > zfsacl module is too light.
> > I need to add some handler OR to modify solarisacl module.
>
> The zfs acl module should be activated on a share with
> underlying file system zfs by putting "vfs objects = zfsacl"
> into the share definition in smb.conf.

I know. And it's defined in my smb.conf .

> The solarisacl is the solaris implementation of posix acls
> this is a backend for posix acl support. The zfs acl
> implementation is one of nfsv4 acls, so there should be
> no need to touch or even use the solarisacl module.
> (It will be statically linked on solaris platforms, though.)

Issue with windows ACL editor was the first I saw.

When trying to debug, I've started with the simplest.
On a file creation, smbd is using file_set_dosmode() (dosmode.c) whihs
is calling get_acl_group_bit() which is calling
SMB_VFS_OP_SYS_ACL_GET_FILE . This last call has no handler in
vfs_zfsacl, so solarisacl handler is used.

> > Investigations in progress....
>
> Would you mind filing a bug report on bugzilla.samba.org ?

I'm going to do that when I'd be able to explain a little bit.

Nicolas