Plans for IPv6 in Samba 3.2.0?

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Mon Oct 15 17:46:49 GMT 2007

On 10/15/07, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> Hmmm. What do you want me to do ? I genuinely think
> this is the only way to get this work done.

Either I don't understand a deficiency of git, or this seems like
exactly what git was supposed to do for us...

Jeremy, as long as you do periodic "git pull" from -test, why is it
different to work on this in your own tree than to check things in to
-test?

Is it solely for the build farm?  If so, then it sounds like we should
allow a mechanism to tell the build farm to work with a branch other
than -test (in addition to -test?  instead of -test for one iteration
then back to -test?  instead of -test until further notice?).  This
would allow -test to continue to be the "just about ready for release"
branch that Jerry envisioned, which sounds particularly useful.

Derrell