rid backend seems to be initialized twice?

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 14:55:41 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 07:43 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> >> ## cherry pick the HEAD commit from v3-0-test
> >> $ git-checkout -b v3-2-test origin/v3-2-test
> >> $ git-cherry-pick \
> >>   `git-log --pretty=one origin/v3-0-test | awk '{print $1}'`
> >
> > The file was moved from nsswitch/idmap.c to winbind/idmap.c, If I use
> > git-cherry-pick to pick only the specific hash that identify my patch,
> > it recognizes something happened, but insted of patching the right file
> > it creates a complete new nsswitch/idmap.c file ?
>
> Ahh...Another reason to avoid useless file renames :-)
>
> > Is there something I should do? Or is there no other
> > way but simply diff and patch the new file manually
> > and basically create a new commit
>
> $ git-show -p $hash | patch -p1

Nice, command, I assume you imply making an unrelated commit is the way
to go, or should I do this after git-cherry-pick fails and ask me to
resolve conflicts?
This I guess would keep the following change linked to my original
commit to v3-0-test, is there any value in trying to keep the commits
related?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce