Ads server issue

sathiya moorthy prsathiyamoorthy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:01:39 GMT 2007

On 10/4/07, sathiya moorthy <prsathiyamoorthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

We configured Ads primary&Backup domain controller in windows 2003
 server.we are able to fetch the user from primary domain controller by using
 samba configuration.But we are not able to fetch the user from the Backup
 domain controller. Sometimes, we are getting same set of users repeated again
 from the primary domain controller.

    The following are the commands that we are using to contact the
Ads server from
Samba to fetch the
 users.

          /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd
          /usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd
          /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -U Administrator%password
          /usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd
          /usr/local/samba/bin/net time set -I 192.168.0.xyz
          /usr/local/samba/bin/net ads join -U Administrator%password
          getent passwd

 Can anybody throw light on why this is happening? Thanks in advance
for your inputs,